Founder Electronics is the world largest developer of Chinese fonts. Over 90% of Chinese newspapers and publishers worldwide are using Founder fonts every day. Founder offers high quality Chinese, Japanese and Korean (CJK) TrueType, Postscript, ATM and Bitmap fonts across Windows, Macintosh, Unix and Linux platforms. With full support for Unicode, our CJK fonts can be interfaced to multiple devices from computers to video equipment.
WHAT IS BIG5?
BIG-5, commonly known as BIG-5 Code, is an encoding scheme for the traditional Chinese characters prevailing in Taiwan and Hong Kong. The total number is 13,053 Hanzi, 13,468 Hanzi with symbols.
13,053 Hanzi: This is divided into two portions of the 5,401 frequently used Hanzi and 7,652 less frequently used Hanzi. The Hanzi in each portion is ordered by stroke count/radical.
The Big-5 encoding contains traditional Chinese characters and is designed for use in Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Support Big-5 standard in Unicode format
- 12 high quality fonts available for download
- Contain total 13,460 Traditional Chinese characters
- Contain additional 303 ~ 4,702 Hong Kong characters
- Adopt outline technology for speedy access and minimize file size
- Provide 1,000 dpi TrueType output
- MS English Windows 98/Me or Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- MS Chinese Windows 95/98/Me or Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista
- Macintosh OS 7.1 above
- 128 MB above RAM
- Each font size 4.9 MB ~ 14.4 MB
- Min. 114 MB to install all 12 BIG-5 fonts